I have had this cookbook since my birthday (September 4th) but I had yet to utilize it. My Master Cleanse had me so food obsessed that I dug deep into my cookbooks and I decided to start using them!
Here is the recipe from the book:
Portobello Mushroom Pizza
Prep/Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup spinach, washed and chopped, finely
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons, black olives, drained & sliced
- 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium size portobello mushrooms
- Light oil as needed
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and add the onion. Saute for 4 minutes or until soft. Add the spinach, tomatoes, garlic and olives. Continue to saute for about 3 minutes longer.
- Add oregano, basil, salt, pepper and mix well. Remove from heat.
- Preheat the broiler and prepare the mushrooms by removing the stems and wiping off any dirt. Brush or spray the mushroom with light oil and place on a cookie sheet. Broil on each side for 4 minutes or until soft. Remove from the heat and fill with the vegetable mixture, Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and return to the broiler for another 4 to 5 minutes. Serve hot.
SERVING SIZE: One Mushroom
5.19 grams of fat
7.69 grams of protein
11.80 g. carbs
I served this with a side salad and it was the perfect dinner. I hope you all enjoy it :)