Italian Summer Pasta Salad
- 1 package Namaste Pasta Pisiavera Pasta
- 5-6 table spoons olive oil in all (preferably extra virgin)
- 1 teaspoon white or red wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced black or green olives or both
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- Optional: a handful of chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- Set aside the Pasta Pisavera seasoning packet. Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until done, about 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain and rinse briefly in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Place the pasta in a serving bowl, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and toss. Sprinkle the Pasta Pisavera Seasoning Packet over pasta add remaning ingredients and olive oil and toss gently. Garnish with the cilantro or parsley if desired. Dish is wonderful if served at room temperature or slightly chilled.
Once refrigerated, rice pasta (like rice) can tend to get a bit crunchy. Either pull the pasta out ahead of time and leave out on the counter for a while or a quick minute or two in the microwave will do the trick. You can add a little bit more oil if needed too. Wonderful additions to this meal could be chopped zucchini, yellow squash, pine nuts, feta cheese, and marinated mushrooms!