Sunday, March 15, 2009

Indonesian Nasi Goreng Rice Mix by Baji's




By the way, that picture was taken on the day of Stephanie's shower, I don't wear the same clothes every day! I took a bunch of pictures with the food I knew I would shortly be trying, so you will be seeing that shirt a lot...I am a mommy and that usually means sweat pants and unkempt hair! Not blog worthy I promise!

Anyway...back to my review....

I have no idea where my mom found this rice mix but when she brought it home I was eager to try it, it sounded interesting. I made it for lunch a few days ago.

The Review:

It was actually a little spicy but I don't handle spicy well. I gather that Indonesian food is meant to be spicy? I don't really know, I don't eat it very much. As you can see, I served it with a small fresh salad and chicken. Normally, I don't allow my rice to overpower my plate but since I was reviewing it I wanted to make sure that my mouth really understood what it was eating.

I did serve the same lunch to my son and he ate the rice. The spice factor was not an issue for him. We came to the same consensus:


This side makes the perfect addition to a meal. It can really liven up a chicken dinner or since the item is vegetarian, if enough vegetables and tofu are added it would be perfect on its own.

The Stats:

Serving size: 1/2 package
Calories: 230
Total Fat: 5 grams
Total Carbs: 42 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Protein: 5 grams

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, there are a lot of options there. I will keep a look out for them. Thanks :)