Saturday, December 6, 2008

Disappointed

I have been craving an éclair for months now. It is freaking ridiculous. I made an éclair wannabe on Thanksgiving that ended up tasting like a Boston Cream Pie.

Well, there is this Gluten Free Bakery around here called

Gluten-Free Creations Bakery


I have been calling them since I have been craving éclairs and they told me that they would have them for the holidays. I checked the holiday page on the website and éclairs are not listed. I called and éclairs are not part of their holiday menu.

I feel cheated. I kept thinking on Thanksgiving that an éclair was only a few short weeks away from entering my mouth. I wanted an éclair so bad.

I am sure some of you can relate to my disappointment. You get something stuck in your head that you have to have. Maybe not an éclair but something that you cannot find in this sometimes non-gluten free friendly world.

And this post is not a dig against Gluten Free Creations. I am glad they exist. I am glad they are around to give people with celiacs options. I just wish they followed through with their promise of éclairs.

No comments: