Day Four of Every Day Is A New Post Week: Rice & "Chorizo" Dinner!
I made this awesome dinner the other night! If you follow me on Twitter, you would know that I was nervous cooking with Soyrizo. It ended up turning out great! I will be cooking with it again. You cannot see the Soyrizo because of how it crumbles, but it is in there and it adds a great flavor into the meal!
This is the recipe, you can use chorizo where Soyrizo is listed.
- 1 BOX SADAF Rice Mix (found at Middle Eastern Store)
- Soyrizo (1/2 package)
- Diced tomatoes (canned,strained, 1/4 cup)
- Sweet Peas (canned, strained, 1/2 cup)
- Corn (canned, strained, 1/2 cup)
- Green Mexican Salsa (Optional)
- Tortilla Chips (Optional)
Cook rice according to directions. Take Soyrizo and take it out of wrapping. Crumble it up and let it cook well with rice in a skillet. Then once it is cooked, add the vegetables until everything is cooked.
Serve with chips and salsa if you desire!