Sunday, April 14, 2013

Learning to live GFCF & a Salsa Recipe

I need to stop counting the days of eating GFCF. This is not a short change. This is something I will be doing for a long while so I gotta get used to it. Got to learn to not feel deprived.

I was going to blog yesterday but between the headache I was feeling and going out most of the day, I didn't make the time.

Yesterday I hung out with my sister. We went to the mall to hang out and to also pick up an item for my wedding. I had an easy time making lunch choices.  It was easy to make GFCF choices. I had a fruit salad and some grilled chicken.

After a bit of walking the mall, my sister wanted coffee. I gave up coffee a few weeks ago and I also don't drink it without milk so, I ordered a delicious lemonade.

                                        It was amazing. I forgot how much I like lemonade.

Today I went out with my Mom and Blaine. We hit up the Farmers' Market.
I love Superstition Ranch Market.
We loaded up on tons of fresh produce. I am in Heaven. I made a delicious salsa tonight with my many goodies that we picked up today.

In a food processor, mix all ingredients until desired texture (mine was a little watery but still yummy):
  • 5 tomatoes, sliced
  •  2 tomatillos 
  • 1/2 red onion
  • 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced length wise
  • 4 green onions, chopped
  • 1 cup cilantro 
  • 2 avocados
The salsa was totally refreshing and I have a ton in my fridge right now. Steve was so excited when he saw it! We love salsa in this house.

No comments: