Friday, March 13, 2009

Gluttonous Gluten Free Cake!

I worked on this cake all day. Mainly because the first two cakes did this:


So, here is how you make this Gluttonous Gluten Free Cake, crafted of course by the Gluten Free Gluten herself...me!


Ingredients For Cake & Cake Fillers :

-2 boxes Sof'ella Organic Gluten Free Chocolate Cake & Frosting Mix & ingredients to make 2 cakes!
-1/2 cup white chocolate chips
-1/2 cup chocolate chips
-2 tbs vegetable shortening
-Prepared frosting mix from the So'fella box (they come together with cake box)

Making The Cake:

Follow the cake instructions for baking on the Sof'ella box, the only difference is that you will mix in 1/2 of chocolate chips in the mix! Use the cooking times on the cakes as well. My cake took longer to bake but all ovens seem to be different. Once the cakes are baked and cooled then you will take the first cake and cut it in half. You will take the frosting mix and prepare it. You will place this on top of the top of the cake you just cut and spread it around the cake, make sure you only use half of the frosting mix:


Then place the other layer of the cake back on top of it so the cake looks whole again. Then take a small sauce pan and put it on low heat. Take the white chocolate and the vegetable shortening and place it in the pan. Stir until the chocolate is melted. Take the other cake and cut that in half. Take the white chocolate and pour it over the top of the cake!
Then take the half of the cake and place it over the white chocolate. Then take the remainder of the frosting and cover the cake with it. Finally, place top of the cake where it belongs and frost the cake with either a tub of frosting or homemade frosting!

Decorating the Cake:
I got lazy and used tub frosting for the outside but I made frosting to pipe and make flowers. Here is the recipe for the frosting:

Wilton's Stiff Consistency Buttercream (Because it is for flowers):
-1 cup solid white vegetable shortening
-1 teaspoon Flavor (Vanilla, Almond, or Butter) {I used Butter}
-2 tablespoons or milk or water {I always use milk, it makes it creamier}
-1 lb. pure cane confectioners sugar (approximately 4 cups)
-1 tablespoon Meringue Powder

Cream shortening, flavoring and water. Add dry ingredients and mix on medium speed until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed together. Blend for an additional minute or so, until creamy.

I know, my cake is slanted! Long day but hey, it is ok. I hope it tastes good. I worked hard on it. Well, I will find out soon. I will review it and I hope it lives up to its name.

More cake decorating pictures are on my other blog, Endless Possibilities.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks amazing. I am going to make it. They sell this mix at Costco and I have been skeptical but not anymore, I cant wait to snazz it up glutton style! Thanks for sharing your recipe with us!