Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Joy Bauer Slim & Scrumptious

So remember when I posted that Joy Bauer is my # 1 Fan? Ok, she isn't really, but someone at her website reads me and knows who I am, so Joy Bauer loves me by association...right....not really! But, let's pretend!

I mentioned in my previous Joy Bauer post that I was sent two books to review. This is the latter of the two and I spent my time cooking away and mainly forgetting to snap pictures because the food was pretty amazing.

Slim & Scrumptious is not specifically a gluten free cookbook but it has health conscious meals that many can enjoy. I was able to cater many of the meals to the GF lifestyle. 

These were my favorite:
  • Italian Sunday Brunch Bake
  • Apricot Almond Oats (Use dedicated GF Oats!)
  • Sicilian Quinoa Salad
  • Pistachio Chicken Salad
  • Lemon Sage Chicken Breast
  • Crispy Kale
  • Frozen Hot Chocolate (MY FAVORITE!!!)
Check out the book for yourself and let me know what you think! Does the book not being a GF cookbook exclude it from being used in your home?

No comments: