Friday, November 28, 2008

Go Fit Sugar!

(Posted on the Endless Possibilities Blog on 8/22/08)


I have mentioned the sugar websites before, I love them. They have everything you could ever want to read about. I really enjoy the Fitsugar site. Look at what they decided to write on:

"Somewhere between leaving home after high school and graduating college, I toyed with the idea of giving up gluten, a protein found in wheat, barley and rye. So many people I knew were living gluten free lives and claimed to feel so much better for giving it up. In fact, gluten free living seems to be on the rise.

Doctors estimate that one percent of the US population has Celiac disease, an extreme intolerance to gluten, but according to food marketers upwards of 15 to 25 percent of food consumers (that's you and me) want gluten free foods. Many see eating gluten free as a new fad diet. You all remember that Oprah Winfrey 21 day cleanse included giving up gluten."

It sucks that I am in the one percent. Check out FITSUGAR for this article and to look at the site. I am glad that I am not alone in my battle again gluten alone though. My best friend also has to deal with Celiac's , this is her blog.

No comments: